Department of Anesthesiology
At SVMMC, we have qualified and experienced anesthesiologist and a well-equipped, 24/7 working anesthesia department. We leverage the most appropriate and latest anesthesia techniques to ensure adequate anesthesia and effective results. Our operation theaters employ the latest medical devices like fiber-optic endoscopes, multipara monitors, nerve locators, and state-of-the-art anesthesia work stations.
Our anesthesiologists ensure the proper anesthesia administration, depending on the patient’s condition and the type of surgery they will undergo. Accordingly, we provide various types of anesthesia that include the following.
- Local Anesthesia: It numbs only a particular body portion. The patient remains awake during the operation.
- General Anesthesia: It makes you insensitive to pain or unconscious during surgery. It is necessary during invasive surgeries or involves areas like the head, abdomen, or chest.
- Regional Anesthesia: It makes a larger region of the body insensitive. Additionally, the anesthesiologist may provide sedation.
- Intravenous Sedation: It is a mild sedative given with a pain-relieving medicine to alleviate pain. The patient remains awake but will not remember the operation process.
- Ultrasound Guided Nerve Blocks:It is used for postoperative analgesia or pain relief.
Why Choose SVMMC?
At SVMMC, wetreat our patients with utmost care and respect and gratefully accept the opportunity for us to serve them. That’s what makes us different! But in addition, here are some more reasons why you must choose SVMMC to treat various health conditions.
- Latest anesthesia equipment and medical devices
- Team of qualified and experienced anesthesiologists
- Expert anesthesia administration
- Complexities are treated with utmost care and ease
- Hygienic facilities and a positive environment to make patients feel better
- 24/7 anesthesia services
Connect with us at +91-20-6609 9701 to know more about our anesthesia services.
No. of Hospitals- 4
No. of Years- 30
Over 100,000 Patients Treated
Over 120 Doctors across all Facilities
430 Beds & 7 OT’s
25 Bedded ICU
Experienced, Empathetic, and Empowered!
What types of anesthesia will be given?
Mainly, patients are given two types of anesthesia – general and regional. In general anesthesia, the patient is put into a deep sleep and provided artificial respiration until the completion of surgery. After surgery, the anesthesia is reversed to make the patient awake.
In the other type, regional anesthesia, the patient is given anesthesia only in the surgical area and made insensitive to pain (numb). The patient remains awake or sedated during the operation.
Anesthesiologists decide on the type of anesthesia depending on the operation and the patient’s condition.
How long does the anesthesia last?
The effect of anesthesia lasts throughout the operation. Regional anesthesia lasts beyond the surgical time and thus provides better pain relief.
Will I have pain even after the anesthesia wears off?
No. The patient is supplemented with intravenous analgesics and regional blocks for postoperative pain relief.
Does spinal anesthesia cause long-term backache?
No. It is a myth. The anesthesia needle is as thin as hair. It doesn’t cause any long-term complications. The backache can be related to conditions like obesity, slip disc, lack of exercise, etc., during the preoperative period.