Panchakarma is an integral part of Ayurveda which helps achieve a balanced state of body, mind and consciousness through Detoxification and Rejuvenation. Pancha means five and Karma means Procedure. We offer following Panchakarma treatments:
Vaman (Medicine induced Emesis):
In this treatment, a patient is given internal and external oleation and fomentation therapies for few days. Once the toxins get liquefied and gather in upper cavities of body, the patient is given emetic medicine and decoction. This induces vomiting and helps to eliminate toxins from the body tissues. Vaman therapy is especially recommended primarily for Kapha-dominated conditions such as Obesity, Asthma and Hyperacidity.
Virechan (Medicine induced Purgation):
In Virechan, purgation or elimination of toxins occurs through the evacuation of the bowels. In this treatment as well, the patient is given internal and external oleation and fomentation therapies. After that, the patient is given a herbal laxative to facilitate evacuation of the bowels that helps in cleansing the body of toxins. Virechan therapy is recommended primarily for Pitta-dominated conditions such as Herpes Zoster, Jaundice, Colitis, Celiac disease etc.
Basti (Medicated Enema):
Administering medicated substances through enema is Ayurveda's unique contribution to the medical world. The therapy has enormous benefits, especially in complicated and chronic diseases. As per the nature of disease, herbal decoctions, oils, ghee or milk are administered into the rectum and this has incredible positive effects. This therapy is extremely effective against Vata-dominated conditions such as Arthritis and Constipation.
Nasya (Nasal Drops):
This therapy is effective in clearing and cleansing the head region. At the beginning of the therapy, the head and shoulder regions are given a gentle massage and fomentation. Then, nasal drops are administered in both the nostrils. This brings about the cleaning of the entire head region and relieves various types of headache, migraine, hair problems, sleep disorders, neurological disorders, sinusitis, chronic rhinitis and respiratory diseases.
This therapy is good for cleaning of blood and effective against diseases caused due to impure blood. It can be done in a specific area or for the entire body. This therapy is particularly useful in various skin diseases such as Psoriasis, Eczema, and also in local lesions such as Abscesses and Pigmentation.
We also provide classical Kerala Ayurveda Treatments for Musculoskeletal and Neurological diseases, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Cervical and Lumbar Spondylitis, Gout, SLE, Paralysis, various metabolic and hormonal disorders like Diabetes, Thyroid Disorders, PCOD and Obesity.
Pre-Natal Care (PNC) and Anti-Natal Care (ANC) for healthy Mother and Baby.
Expert Hair and Beauty Care
The following Ayurveda treatments are offered at Inlaks & Budhrani Hospital.
Abhyanga — The Ayurvedic Oil Massage — is an integral part of the daily routine recommended by this healing system for overall health and well-being. Traditional Ayurvedic texts wax eloquent on the benefits. Here's what one says — "Give yourself a full-body oil massage on a daily basis. It is nourishing; pacifies the doshas; relieves fatigue; provides stamina, pleasure and perfect sleep; enhances the complexion and the luster of the skin; promotes longevity; and nourishes all parts of the body."
- Increased circulation, especially to nerve endings
- Toning of the muscles and the whole physiology
- Calming for the nerves
- Lubrication of the joints
- Increased mental alertness
- Improved elimination of impurities from the body
- Softer, smoother skin
- Increased levels of stamina through the day
- Better, deeper sleep at night
Continuous stream of the prescribed liquid medicine is gently poured on the forehead from a prescribed height through a specially devised apparatus called Dhara Chatti for a period of one to one and a half hours. Dhara is occasionally administered on whole body .
- Relieves stress, anxiety, depression, and insomnia through natural serotonin, dopamine, and melatonin release
- Helps mental focus and concentration
- Works on the cerebral system, helps to relax the nervous system, and balances the 'Praan Vaayu' (life force energy) around the head
- Improves the sensitivity of five senses
- Reduces and relieves migraine headaches
- Decreases hair loss and fatigue and makes one calm and refreshed
- Deeply relaxes mind and body
- Releases negative emotions and thought patterns.
- Improves sleep patterns
- Rejuvenates the entire face and softens worry lines
- Heightens the senses
- Increases spiritual awareness
- Pacifies vata reducing anxiety, restlessness, irritability, nervousness, fear & excessive thinking
- Improves mental focus and concentration.
Pizhichil is a treatment procedure in which the herbal oils and or ghee are poured over the body of the patient in monitored streams for a fixed duration of time. It is a type of Parisheka Sweda (steaming or sweat inducing treatment in which hot or warm liquids are poured over the body in streams).
- Provides strength to the tissues, mainly muscle tissue
- Rejuvenates and energizes the body
- Prevents wasting of muscles and degeneration of joints and soft tissues
- Relieves pain, stiffness and swelling associated with arthritis and other painful conditions mentioned above.
- Pacifies the morbidity of Vata, Pitta and Rakta in the skin, afflicted joints, muscles and soft tissues
- Deha Sthairyam – makes the body strong
- Agni Sthairyam – establishes the normalcy of digestive fire and corrects metabolism
- Varna Sthairyam – provides and establishes proper colour
- Ojo Sthairyam – Stabilises and fortifies Ojus in the body (Ojus is the essence of all the tissues formed as an end product of tissue formation, its normalcy in terms of quality and quantity points towards an established immunity)
- Causes sweating and brings about lightness and a feeling of health in the afflicted joints, muscles and soft tissues
- Improves the movements of the joints and enhances flexibility of the body
- Soothes the nerves and improves blood circulation
- Removes stress, relaxes mind
- Paatavam Indriyasya – relaxes and rejuvenates the mind and senses
- Jaraso Maandhyam – delays ageing
- Chiram Jeevitam – provides longevity of life
- Nitaraam Doshaan – controls and creates equilibrium in all the doshas
- Vrishataa – acts as an aphrodisiac
- Improves circulation to skin, improves colour and complexion
Navarakizhi: ( Rice & milk bolus fomentation )
Medicated oil is first applied liberally over the patient’s body. Then the body is massaged with small linen bags filled with cooked Navara rice. The rice is cooked by boiling it in cow’s milk along with suitable. The linen bags filled with rice are dipped in the same mixture kept boiling over a gentle flame and applied by masseurs at a comfortable temperature over the whole body of the patient.
- It is very effective in degenerative muscle diseases like poli