Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department at SVMMC, is dedicated to the focused care of women of all ages and is committed to working towards ' Women's Wellness'.
Women's health care services consist of comprehensive consultations and advanced diagnostic and treatment options.The Doctors co-ordinate their efforts with related specialists and provide referrals as needed.The Obstetrics & Gynaecology OPD functions all 7 days of the week in an endeavour to serve our patients better.
Over two decades, we have been bringing smiles to many families and encouraging the expecting mother to opt and plan for the natural mode of childbirth.Antenatal care is given priority by our team of experienced and competent doctors and concerns of the pregnant mother are addressed forthwith. In routine ANC care, the expecting mother is counselled regarding all the Do's & Don'ts preferably along with her husband. All the routine investigations are done in the first visit and the additional investigations are tailored on an individual basis and consideration of the risk factors.
During labour, the Resident Doctor is available round-the-clock to comfort the patient in labour. The consultant visits the patient irrespective of the time to examine the status of patient and helps deliver the patient, making this journey a memorable one.
Dietetic counselling is done with the help of the dietician and the diet is prepared as per individual needs.
The Physiotherapy Department takes care of the antenatal and postnatal excerises.
The nursing staff always encourages breast feeding and helps to train the mother to breast feed.They also explain the importance of personal hygiene during the puerperium.
We provide care and treatment for most of the gynaecological conditions such as:
- Non-malignant conditions e.g.i) Fibriod uterus ii) Adenomyosis iii) Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding iv) Ovarian mass / cyst & also malignant conditions
- Basic infertility issues are tackled.
- Education regarding cervical cancer screening test and Self breast examination.
- On a routine basis, abdominal hysterectomy, vaginal hysterectomy, N.D.V.H(Non-descended vaginal hysterectomy), exploratory laprotomy are some of the procedures that are being carried out.
- Routine investigations like hormonal parameters, semen analysis, H.S.G, Diagnostic Hysterolaproscopy.
- Health Awareness :
At SVMMC, special health care packages have been designed for the screening of women.
We encourage patients for cervical cancer screening (PAP smear) & educate and teach patients how to do self breast examination and the importance of the same.
- Influenza (Swine Flu)
At SVMMC, we are dedicated towards giving you the most professional & compassionate care.