Department of Orthopaedics
- This Department is accreditated to the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi for DNB(Orthopaedics) and is staffed with two full time Senior Consultants, two Specialists in Orthopaedics,seven DNB Trainees.
- The out patient clinic is conducted from 9 am to 7 pm daily on week days. (Mon. -Sat.) and 9 am. to 3pm. on Sundays.
- Speciality clinics are conducted in Knee, Shoulder Arthroscopy and Spine surgery.
- Around 500 patients per week take advantage of Orthopaedic services.
- Knee & Hip joint replacement, Spinal instrumentation, Arthroscopy, Trauma management & soft tissue corrective surgeries are managed by the Department.
- The faculty updates regularly by way of CMEs, Seminars, Journal Clubs and Workshops.
- More than 25 Post Graduates have completed the DNB Orthopaedic course from this Department.
- Latest instruments & laminar air flow operation theaters help the Department for smooth & fast working.
- The Department is accredited to MMC for conducting CMEs in Orthopaedics.
- SPINE SURGERY
Spinal problems related to trauma, degeneration, deformities of cervical, thoracic & lumbar spine.
Surgeries which are routinely performed include: Anterior cervical discectomy & fusion, Cervical corpectomy , Posterior Laminectomy, Lateral mass plating.
Pedicular screw fixation for thoracic spine trauma & deformity corrections.
Lumbar spine fusion including sacral fixations & interbody fusions etc;
Microscopic & minimally invasive surgeries of the spine.
- JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGERY
Shoulder Replacement surgery
Shoulder Arthroscopy (Dislocation & Rotator cuff repairs)
Knee Arthroscopy (Ligament & Meniscus repairs, Cartilage surgeries)
Complex trauma & Hip fractures.